It is a pleasure to introduce people to Mountain District Christian School. Our office staff are always ready to help interested families with their enquiries and to offer assistance as they research potential schools to partner with them in the education and nurture of their children. The pages in this section detail our Enrolment process.
We encourage parents who believe that MDCS may be the school for their family to begin the enrolment process as soon as possible. Due to growth in student numbers in recent years, some year levels now have limited spaces or waiting lists.
Follow these five steps to secure an enrolment at Mountain District Christian School:
Book a School Tour to see the school in action.
Complete and submit an enrolment application and associated documents, which will then be considered before progressing to the next step.
If a place is available an interview with our Principal will be organised.
Meet the Finance Manager.
An offer of enrolment will be made.
At the interview, you will receive answers to many of the following questions:
- How did MDCS begin and why did the founding parents choose this location?
- How does MDCS view the role of parents in children’s education?
- Who are the teachers that educate at MDCS and what are the criteria for their selection?
- What does it mean that MDCS is a “Christian” school?
- Why doesn’t the school have a uniform?
- What are the reasons parents choose MDCS as the school for their family?
- Is MDCS only an option for families who are ‘religious’ or who go to church?
- What is the community at MDCS like?
Throughout the interview parents are encouraged to ask questions to help them discern whether MDCS is the school for them.
At the Interview
This is an informal time, intended to help you gain a greater understanding of our foundations, our approach to teaching and learning and what we desire as outcomes for our students.