The Dress Code requires that student’s clothes are neat, clean, in good repair and appropriate for school.
MDCS does not have a uniform, however students’ clothing choices and parents’ guidance of such are to be shaped by the clear guidelines given in the MDCS Dress Code. A Sports uniform is to be worn by students during PE and Sport classes, Interschool Sports Days and on some excursions. Sports T-Shirts are available for purchase in the MDCS Office.
Principles that guide the MDCS Dress Code:
- School activities: School dress should support the central purpose of schooling-teaching and learning.
- Health and safety: School dress should be safe and supportive, safeguarding the health of students.
- Comfort: School dress should be suitable and comfortable for the school environment. School dress will be different from dress for social functions or outings such as going to the beach.
- Modesty: School dress should be modest, supporting the Christian core values of the School.
- Individuality: School dress should afford some degree of guided freedom and provide an opportunity to express individuality
Students in Prep – Year 10 are required to wear the MDCS Sports uniform to all Physical Education classes and sporting events.
The MDCS Sports uniform includes:
- MDCS Sports Polo Shirt
- Navy blue shorts or tracksuit pants
- Running shoes